Thursday, January 10, 2008

Less than 48 hrs

Hey everyone
wow......... I am leaving on friday, that is (according to my facebook at this moment) 1 day, 15 hrs, and 51 minutes away.  wow.  First of all, I want to say how awesome you all have been.  I am overwhelmed by the support that I have been blessed with.  Every time that I start to talk about this trip I get more excited.  It has been great to see you all join me in that joy.  But, I guess I should start my updates.  We have been in class at Whitworth for the last 2 days.  Literally I am in the HUB from 9 or 10 am until 4 or 5 pm which sounds more brutal than it really is or maybe just sounds like I am whining.  So, that is about all I really have to update you all on but it also doesn't scratch the surface about what I have to say.  Mainly, I am writing this to write a basic itinerary so that you can stay up on what I am doing if you want.

Jan 11-12: Depart (Meet in the HUB at 4 for a prayer/send off) Spokane --> Seattle --> Houston --> Guatemala City --> Quezaltenango
Jan 12-Feb 5 or 6: Be in Quezaltenango for language school
JAN 25: DEADLINE FOR LETTERS, POSTCARDS, AND CARDS TO CHARLES TAPPA #1 (see below for address)
Feb 5-6: move to Copan
Feb 8: Students disperse to their assigned service sites with partner non-governmental organizations in northern Honduras.  They will be in the various communities for approximately 3 1/2 weeks.  During this time, the students may not have access to telephones or internet
FEB 26: DEADLINES FOR LETTERS, POSTCARDS, AND CARDS TO CHARLES TAPPA #2
March 1: Fly to San Jose, Costa Rica 
March 3-9: Group Retreat to Punta Mona
MAR 14: DEADLINE FOR LETTERS, POSTCARDS, AND CARDS TO CHARLES TAPPA #3
Mar 20-23: Easter in San Jose
Mar 24: Travel to Managua, Nicaragua (we will be there for 3 weeks doing various things)
April 11: Travel to El Salvador (we will be there for 3 weeks doing various things)
May 2: return to Spokane
May 10: closing celebration at Whitworth.  CASP PRESENTATION AT 1:30.  Basically we will try to sum up what we have learned.

So that is probably more information than you probably want, but maybe you do want it for some reason.  So there you go.  oh yea, if you are in Spokane.  Caleb Knox is throwing a little shin dig at Applebees at 10pm on thursday if you want to come.

Prayer Requests
  • Safe travel: we have a lot of people going a long way and crazy things can happen
  • That our team continues to bond
  • That God shows up big time
  • That I don't forget anything important (remember the underwear story)
So yea.  Maybe I will see you guys before I peace out, maybe I won't, but thanks for paying attention to my life.  I love you guys.

PS if you want to get ahold of me:
1) send me a letter to this address

Joseph Tobiason
Central America Study Program
c/o Charles Tappa
Off - Campus Studies
Whitworth University
300 W Hawthorne Rd
Spokane, WA 99251

dates:
1/25/2008, 2/26/2008, 3/14/2008 (all arrive by 5pm)

2) send me an email/facebook message
3) comment on this blog

Ok, I'm done now.  I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment