Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life is amazing

It has been a while since I've written. I don't have much to say in particular and am watching a little of the first round of the tourney before having to get ready for work.

First, I just have to say how fopeful I am for the new administration in El Salvador. I really hope that Funes will be able to step out of the mire that has held the political establishment of that country for the last 20 and/or 200 years. He talks big, with thoughts a on reconciliation and directly quoting Romero's dream of a "preferential option for the poor." Wow, I hope that pans out. Right now Cheri, Allyn, Travis, and Glen are down there. If I hear from them, I may add some of their thoughts.

As for me, I am still in the processes about doign stuff. I am flying to Louisville next week to interview for YAV. Specifically, I am interviewing for positions in Peru and Guatemala. I am really hoping for Peru. I am really excited about the programs that they are working with. I have read some of the blogs of the current YAVs there and it gets me really excited. I am a little less excited about Guatemala, not because of anything specific, but it is based out of Xela and I am a little less excited to go back to the town I've already been to. I know it is kinda stupid and that it would be awesome if that is where God wants me to go, but just thoughts I'm having.

Well, I have to fid a way to shower and be ready in the next 45 minutes, but can't turn off the TV because the Cal State Northridge-Memphis game is amazing. I LOVE MARCH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment