Monday, March 30, 2009

Peru

As many of you know, I have been looking for a way to serve God and other people with my life. So I have been applying with various international development agencies and churches. I am very happy to say that I will be going to Peru with the Presbyterian Church's Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) program. I will be heading out on August 24 for orientation and then will leave for Peru on August 31. I am so incredibly excited. I am very happy to have an answer to the "what are you doing with your life" question. There will be 5 other YAVs traveling with me to Peru, including Anna Gray who also went on the Central America Study Program in 2008. We will be living with families for the duration of the year and will be working with organizations through a network of NGOs (non-governmental organizations) called "holding hands." At this time I do not know exactly what work I will be doing or where I will be living, but the sites are in the general region around Lima (within a few hours busing). I have to thank all of you for being supportive of me in my persuits and ask that you will keep me, the other YAVs (in Peru and other sites), and the general movement toward a better future in your prayers. Thank you all for being in my life.

For more information, please visit:
http://www.pcusa.org/yav

No comments:

Post a Comment